Structurally insulated panels (abbreviated as SIPs) have become more and more popular in Coffs Harbor construction industry due to their effectiveness and benefits compared to conventional roofing panels. Essentially, SIPs resembles ice cream sandwich with the two outside pieces being some sort of rigid wooden boards while the ice cream filling being a lightweight insulator such as polystyrene or Styrofoam.
Benefits of SIPs
There are a number of benefits that you stand to gain when you opt for structured insulated roof panels in Coffs Harbour, including:
• High energy efficiency: considering that they are layered, they have greater heat retention effect than the standard wood panels. Both the inner and outer layers are structurally insulated and are effective in retaining heat, so when used together, they definitely outperform conventional roofing panels when it comes to heat retention.
• Energy cost saving benefits: the roofs not only help you keep your house warmer but also help you cut down your energy expenditure. They minimize heat loss through the roof, which implies that you won’t need to run your heating as high or as long, saving you money on fuel costs.
• Reduces labor costs: Another way that SIPs can help you save money is in the amount you spend on labor. Considering that these types of roofing panels are lighter and easier to install, you need few people to install them and the job will be completed faster than in the case of conventional roofing panels.
• Strength of build: SIPs are also famed for their superior strength. They are capable of withstanding strong weather elements. Once they are completed, they form monolithic shells which are up to 7 times stronger than traditional timber frame structures. This will provide your home with solid and robust feel that are indistinguishable from traditionally constructed buildings.
• Extra room in the roof: SIPs’ structures don’t require trusses and will offer more open and habitable warm room in your roof. This means that you can easily turn a three bedroom house into a five bedroom house on the same size of land or plot.
• Longer Life Expectancy: SIPs come with very long life expectancy of up to 50 years. They are also airtight, which reduces the chances of mold occurring on the roof or other weather elements causing problems such as warping or twisting.
By and large, when it comes to choosing the type of roofing panels to install on your property, you need to weigh between costs and quality. While regular insulated roof panels in Coffs Harbor may be considerably cheaper, SIPs perform better and have a plethora of benefits which ultimately justifies their costs.