How To Send Bulk Mail Using Outlook
One of the important strategies used in digital marketing to increase sales and promote a brand is mass mailing. Other for your business, there may be a number of other occasions where you may need to send bulk emails, announcement letters, newsletters, and invitations to many addresses. In this article, we will guide you on how to use Outlook to send bulk mail.
What is Mail Merge feature of Microsoft Word
It is a feature that is supported within most applications. With this feature, you can easily create a bulk of personalized emails, fetches the addresses of multiple contacts from your address book automatically, and sends the mail to those recipients. This feature, in other words, means combining mail and document. All Microsoft Office programs support it. With Microsoft Word, you can insert content from Excel spreadsheet, Access database, and other data sources using an email merge feature into the Word documents. You can also take advantage of Microsoft Word’s capability to merge mail while using Microsoft Outlook to send bulk emails to multiple contacts.
Prepare a mailing contact list for Mail Merge
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the Home tab.
- Click on People at the bottom of the home tab page to view the contact list.
- Choose the contacts you want to send the bulk message to.
- In the Home tab, go to Actions Group and click on Mail Merge.
- Click on the radio button in the Mail Merge Contacts dialogue box. Choose the option Only selected contacts to send the emails to the contacts you have selected.
- Under Document file, click on New document
- Choose the Document type as From Letters under the Merge option.
- Click Ok. This will apply the settings and Word will be launched by Outlook and you’ll be able to edit the message.
Compose personalized email message using Microsoft Word
- When Word is launched, you can compose the message. Type address or a greeting then under the Write & Insert Field group, click on Insert Merge Field option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Name option. An email field << Name >> will be added by Word besides the greeting.
- Word will replace the email fields with real information, once you finish mail merging, from the list of recipients.
Send the email messages
Use Outlook to send bulk mail option then choose Email Messages once you have prepared the messages.
To send, click Finish & Merge button and then Send Email.