Are you preparing for a fishing adventure soon and are wondering how to keep your fish fresh and cold? Perhaps you’ve heard of the traditional fish coolers which look like ordinary freezers. Or maybe you have come across the fish cooler bags and you are wondering which of the two coolers is better. Well, it’s natural to ask questions about the coolers since they are what keep your fish fresh and marketable.
Cooler Bag Vs Fish Cooler
Conventional knowledge will tell you that the traditional fish coolers are worth a consideration. However, it’s important to first look at the suitability of the equipment to see if it’s what you need for your fishing trip. Normally, the fish coolers come in a range of sizes and are known to keep the fish cold for longer. Nonetheless, they face the challenges of being bulky and heavy. It’s inflexible to move with these coolers due to their weight. Moreover, you don’t have the luxury of packing your fishing gears when going fishing.
Therefore, if you are looking for a cooler that you can move with easily and one that you can pack all your basic gears, you should consider the cooler bags. The cooler bags are lightweight and can easily be carried on the go. You also get to store them cheaply as they do not occupy much space. In addition, they allow you to keep your fish fresh and cold for long. What’s more, they are cheaper in cost if compared to other conventional fish coolers.
What Properties Should Your Fish Cooler Bag Possess?
The ideal fish cooler bags should come with the following properties:
• Should have thick and sturdy handles. Additionally, since you will be holding on the handles, they should be as comfortable as possible and shouldn’t cut into your hand.
• Should have a well ventilated interior. The thicker the foam used to keep the inside of the cooler insulated, the more likely your fish will remain insulated.
• Should be of the right size to allow the packing of your fishing gear and storage of fish
• Should come with extras such as strong handles, dividers, and fish holders
• Should keep the fish cold and fresh for longer
• Should be weatherproof and waterproof
• Should be relatively easy to clean.
• Should come with a warranty
From the highlighted benefits of the fish cooler bags, it’s apparent that they make a big difference in as far as fish storage and carrying of the gears are concerned. Basically, they provide enough room to store your fish and fishing accessories.