The most straight forward and honest answer to the question Are Blue Eye Contacts safe?, I can answer with the greatest of ease as I am a spectacle wearer since I was nine, and later in life wearing it was embarrassing because of my heavy prescription.
When I could afford to go for lenses and wanted blue ones and the optometrist denied me that but gave me all the reasons.
So here is a list of things to know about Blue Eye Contacts before you go and waste money on them:
1) EVEN IF NOT FOR A PRESCRIPTION ALWAYS CONSULT FIRST WITH YOUR OPTOMETRIST OR OPTHOMOLOGISTS.
2) THEY WILL TEST YOU EYES FIRSTLY IF YOU NEED A PRESCRIPTION PAIR AND THEN THEY CAN WORK FROM THERE.
3) YOU MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER A LENS IS AN OPTICAL MEDICAL APPLIANCE AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH EVEN IF NOT PRESCRIPTION.
4) AS IT IS NON-PRESCRIPTION IT FALLS UNDER WHAT IS KNOWN AS COSMETICS APPLIANCES AND MOST IF NOT ALL MEDICAL INSURANCES DO NOT COVER FOR THIS AND CAN COST A PRETTY PENNY.
5)BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID, BLUE IS ONE OF THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER COLOR NOT ONLY FOR THE “BLUE EYED” SEXINESS BUT BLUE IS THE PERFECT COLOR DYE USED ON THE LENS AS YOU CAN SEE QUITE EASY THRU IT, SO YOU WON’T DAMAGE YOUR EYESIGHT THERE.
6) ALSO, BLUE DYE USED IS ONE OF THE SAFEST SO INFECTIONS ARE SELDOM AN ISSUE, SO WEARING THEM IS QUITE A PLEASURE
So to summarize, blue contacts are cool as in style, safe as the dye used is fairly hygienic, and quite easy to see through so won’t cause permanent damage to your vision.
BUT!!! all this will only go down well if you make sure you first get to see an optometrist or ophthalmologist, not only for the tests to make sure of the right size but they will also show you how to care for it, keep it hygienic, tell you how long you can wear them and last but not least how to insert and remove when done.
One last word on the blue contact is that they sometimes do come in permeable material that will allow some oxygen through and thus not straining you eyes which will make you end up wearing real prescription spectacles or contact lenses.
SO GO OUT THERE SEE YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, GET THE PROPER HYGIENIC ONES AND HAVE FUN