Surprisingly, using a tongue scraper could be one of the least appreciated rituals of oral hygiene, and recently experts say that copper, an antimicrobial, is one of the elements that can drastically reduce the amount of oral bacteria. Thus one of the reasons the Keeko Copper Tongue Scraper has become so widely popular.
It is not a coincidence that doctors ask their patients to take out their tongues when they examine them. According to Ayurveda, the ancient practice of natural healing, the analysis of the language can say a lot about the health of the organs. The fact is that brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing from time to time is not enough to rid your mouth of toxins. Doctors and dentists agree, one of the best ways to keep the tongue healthy is by scraping it every day. This eliminates the nocturnal accumulation of bacteria and toxins on the tongue, and in the throat. Instead of brushing the tongue, which will only push the bacteria and toxins further into the throat, cleaning should be done with a tongue scraper, and the Keeko copper tongue scraper has become the number one choice.
Why Use Copper?
Various forms of copper has been used throughout history for various reasons. Besides the durability, copper is an antimicrobial element. In other words, it fights against bacteria, fungi and viruses. It is scientifically proven that the most resistant bacteria have not survived their contact with copper. In fact, like Silver, Copper is able to kill up to 99% of bacteria. It has become the ideal material to manufacturer surgical equipment, trays, and stretchers, and hospitals are now incorporating the element into more items like bed rails and dressings.
Consider these 5 reasons to use a copper tongue scraper:
1. Copper kills on contact. Researchers say when not using a copper tongue scraper, you run the risk of having toxins reabsorbed into the body. This an affect your immune and cardiovascular system
2. Eliminating toxins promotes optimal functioning of the digestive process. Scraping activates the production of saliva and promotes digestion to begin
3. Using a tongue cleaner not only helps you eliminate oral bacteria but it can diminish Halitosis
4. The studies show that scraping the tongue is more effective to remove bacteria from the tongue than a toothbrush. It prevents the accumulation of plaque, cavities and gum infections
5. Ayurvedic medicine recommends scraping the tongue as a way to massage and activate your internal organs, as well as to work on cleansing internal nerves
Copper is a powerful antimicrobial with proven and rapid broad-spectrum efficacy against pathogens. Thus using a copper tongue scraper can boost your oral health, and prevent germs from spreading.