Free web hosting can sometimes be tempting especially if you are on a budget but still want to launch a blog or website. To help you decide whether or not you should opt for a free hosting, here are quick facts that you should know:
1. Free hosting is not safe
Most free WordPress web hoisting companies don’t support SSL until you upgrade to paid plans. This makes it easy for nefarious individuals to steal your private information, including your passwords and phone numbers because the information is not encrypted. For starters, SSL certificate protects the confidentiality and integrity of data on your website, making it tedious for hackers to steal information from your website.
What’s more, free web hosting services have a poor reputation of distributing malwares due to inadequate security measures and financial limitations. Put simply, this type of hosting will adversely impact your website, reputation, and overall visibility.
2. Free hosting lack monetization opportunities
Most free hosting providers run their ads and affiliate links on your website, which means that you won’t have an opportunity to make any money on your website. In fact, if you take your time to go through terms and conditions of most free hosting providers, you will realize that:
• You cannot even sell or transfer the website to a third party because it is their property and not yours!
• They can restrict your ability to advertise or monetize your website or blog if necessary.
3. It is difficult to improve your website
Free hosting services only offer basic level functionalities and services. This means that you won’t have a chance to use latest scripts and plugins. Additionally, you won’t be able to customize your website to your own liking. In fact, you won’t even:
• Use a good website builder or tool to manage your blog or website properly
• Start a mailing list to market or communicate t your potential audience
• Optimize your website for mobile or for search engines.
• Do a few tweaks such as increasing your load time to enable out rank your competitors.
With many hosting companies offering free WodPress web hosting services, it is very easy to be taken for a ride. Accordingly, before you sign up for any free web hosting for your childcare project management Western Sydney website, strive to read the fine prints and inquire about some of the aspects highlighted above. Generally, if you want more than the basics, you should always rive to upgrade to paid web hosting options—there are tons of options that will definitely fit your budget.